As mentioned in the previous Pelvic Wisdom Whispering: This particular area of the body holds an energy vortex active in the hips and the pelvic floor, governing our vital well-being and ability to manifest. A major “Power Center” in our body. It involves creativity and collaboration. Therefore, it deals with our relationships and how we process the emotions involved in interacting with others.
Processing emotions can be a tricky thing, especially when it comes to relationships and the pelvic region of the body. After all, first off, what is your definition of “processing”? Does that mean really working through what that particular emotion brings forward for an individual – a memory or event from long ago, or a need to physically act out the emotion, like anger (or even sadness or grief). If so, what kind pandora’s box might you be opening up at session time? Or, is “processing” an emotion merely recognizing it exists and has an attachment to a memory / event which seems to have settled in a particular area of the body and is now being recalled during the session?
Emotionally the pelvis can be a place of comfort, security and love; however it can also hold traumatic memories:
Of childhood trauma – possibly disciplinary spanking that took place years ago
Of adolescence trauma – sexual exploration and sexual inexperience events
Of adulthood trauma – possibly an abusive spouse or maybe even rape.
Sometimes during a session these events and memories will come forward, releasing out of the body tissues and can become quite vivid in there recall. Seeking out a trained professional counselor can be very helpful in order to work through the traumatic events and receive some tools to help a client move forward.
After a session there are times when a client benefits from self-care in order to continue to take steps toward feeling balanced in their body and life. Flower Essences can, and do, help with the emotional release which takes place during and after a session.
Some flower essences which may enhance your Pelvic Wisdom:
- Agrimony – helpful if you hide your troubles behind a smile or suppress discomforts with alcohol, drugs or “comfort eating”; trying to ignore the darker side of life by preferring to make light of things rather than enter into a confrontation
- Positive Effect: Openness, Enhances communication
- Chicory – can be used when love for family makes it hard to let them go, dislike being alone and may demand constant attention
- Positive Effect: Release, giving without expectation anything back
- Honeysuckle – assists with feeling of nostalgia and living in the past, or difficulty with bereavement of loved one
- Positive Effect: Presence, move forward with no regrets
- Pine – helpful for feelings of guilt and self-reproach, blaming oneself for anything that goes wrong, or feelings of being undeserving and unworthy; apologizing for being ill
- Positive Effect: Forgiveness
- Rock Water – assists with inflexibility, setting very high standards, and may be self-denying; having fixed ideas
- Positive Effect: Flow
Moving toward a more grounded state in our bodies may be exactly what is missing when it comes to our physical health, our emotional well-being and our mental clarity … read on in the next post, focusing on Legs and Feet Wisdom.